The Smart PR Inner Circle Best Pitch of the Year is the only PR awards program that pays YOU for winning instead of charging you a fee.
The program pays out $500 in total prizes, including $250 to the winner of the overall category.
All you do is forward the placement(s) you’re most proud of, plus the pitch you used to reel it in.
These are the only conditions:
- You must be a current member of the Inner Circle.
- You must include in your submission written permission for Michael to share your pitch (not including influencer contact info) publicly so we can learn from your success.
- Candidate pitches must yield placements between Sept. 16, 2016 and Sept. 15, 2017.
- Submissions must be received on or before Sept. 15, 2017.
- Package your submission into one email sent to [email protected] with “Best Pitch” in the subject line.
- Include the actual email pitch you used, including any relevant follow up and conversation with your target influencer. If the pitch began with phone call or in-person meeting, detail that experience.
- Include link(s) to resulting placements.
- Feel free to include any background info to help Michael’s judging, especially positive consequences that resulted from your placement(s). This is optional. Your submission should not require much time on your part.
- Include the statement, “I give Michael permission to share this pitch and other included details publicly.”
Enter as often as you like, with separate emails for each entry.
The pitches are evaluated based on degree of difficulty, professionalism, creativity, but most of all, the ratio of what you had to work with vs. the results you got. So if you got a decent story national coverage, that’s big. But so is getting a total snoozer story local coverage.
We award an overall winner, runners up, and honorable mentions. And also a winner for the category of Best Pitch that Landed Local or Trade Coverage, to encourage submissions that may not have landed top-tier coverage but represent pitching excellence.
This year’s overall winner will receive $250. The remaining $250 will be divided based on the number of deserving submissions, including the local/trade winner.